Technical University of Darmstadt
You can find the department buildings in Sector S2 of the Campus Stadtmitte. Please use the (opens in new tab) for download as well as the directions below. On the central websites of the TU Darmstadt you can find more information about the individual buildings at the Site Plan Campus Stadtmitte. Campus Stadtmitte
As a stop for ICE, IC and EC trains, Darmstadt is very well connected to the . There are local transport connections to Frankfurt am Main, Wiesbaden, Aschaffenburg, Mannheim, Heidelberg as well as to Erbach and Eberbach. long-distance network of Deutsche Bahn
From Darmstadt's main train station (“Hauptbahnhof”), there are connections by to the Stadtmitte campus, where the buildings of the physics department are located. tram and bus
If you go by bus or train (Deutsche Bahn), the following is how to find your way to our department:
- In Darmstadt you get off the train at the main station (German: Hauptbahnhof) and leave the building by its main entrance.
- Right in front there are stops for a couple of trams and busses which go to the city center:
- Tram No. 3 heading to Lichtenbergschule
- Bus F heading to Oberwaldhaus
- Bus H heading to Alfred-Messel-Weg
- You should get off at the big station Luisenplatz or maybe one stop later at Schloß (German for palace).
- Leaving the palace to the right you are directly walking towards the museum and you cross the street there.
- You take the entry to the park called Herrengarten right between the museum and the archive (which is in the neo-classical building), in the park you turn right.
- You leave the park through the gate at Hochschulstraße, now you are directly in front of the institute building S2|07.
From highway A5 or A67 you take the exit for the city center, called Darmstadt-Stadtmitte.
Now you go straight until at the end of Rheinstraße you drive into a tunnel and you are thus on the City-Ring. Follow the signs to the congress center (darmstadtium).
At the congress center turn right into the street named Alexanderstraße, the streets before are called Wilhelminen-, Hügel-, Kirch-, Holz- and Landgraf-Georg-Straße.
Then, you turn left into Magdalenenstraße and now on the map with the university building numbers helps you.
(opens in new tab)Parking on Campus Stadtmitte
Coming from Frankfurt Airport, it is easy to reach Darmstadt using a bus called Airliner. This service is part of the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund () and it is a ride of about half an hour. The bus leaves the airport at terminal 1, in front of arrival hall C. RMV
The Airliner serves several stops in Darmstadt. The nearest stop to the TU Darmstadt is at the congress center darmstadtium. Opposite you will find the TU Darmstadt administration building karo 5. Walk along the Welcome Hotel in the direction of Hochschulstraße.